best finish for plumbing fixtures with hard water?

We have hard water, but don't want to install a softener. We manage to clean the bath/sink/toilet ok, but the bath fixtures and faucets get coated and (almost) pock-marked after a while without serious scrubbing that can damage the finish.

Any advice on whether certain finishes (i.e. stainless steel vs. chrome) are better to minimize such scaling and the damage to fixture from cleaning that may occur?

Thanks.

-Theodore

Reply to
millinghill

Our water is also very hard and stuff will "lime up" very quickly if you let it. The best way to minimize the problem is to dry things thoroughly rather than let water stand and use some vinegar when cleaning and keep at it more frequently.

I prefer the bright chrome finishes for cleaning over anything brushed. I put an oiled bronze faucet on the new sink about two years ago now and it is still in good shape owing to wiping it down daily rather than letting it go...

Don't know what in your water would cause the pitting -- hardness alone shouldn't cause that.

--

Reply to
dpb