Best caulk for hardie siding?

Just had the house sided with Hardie siding and now need to paint it. What is the best caulk to use for Hardie siding? The house is in Dallas, Texas.

Thanks in Advance Lyle

Reply to
LYLE MOYER

"LYLE MOYER" wrote on 16 Mar 2008 in group alt.home.repair:

Any good caulk will work. I buy DAP painters caulk by the case. It cures quickly and is paintable in about 30 minutes.

Make sure the caulk says it's paintable and is designed for outdoor use, preferably on siding.

Reply to
Steve

I'd have to disagree with this one. While latex caulks are user friendly, they will not remain flexible nearly as long as a good urethane caulk. I'd use OSI quad.

. Superior adhesion, superior flexibility when compared to latex.

Reply to
marson

Google knows, and it only takes 0.23 seconds :o)

Norminn

I used Hardie color-matched caulk on mine. I'm pretty sure it was a tri-polymer type caulk. You also might want to consider using pre-painted hardie-plank. The time saved is well worth it.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

But isn't "painters caulk" typically the cheapest lowest quality caulk you can buy?

Reply to
George