berber carpet question

in one of our bedrooms, the berber carpet got a pull in a loop and is hanging out. is there anyway to fix the loop? can i cut it off or will that cause a run eventually? can it be tucked back into the backing w/ a knitting needle or crochet needle? any help??

mike............

Reply to
JerseyMike

You cannot get rid of the loop -- but you can pull it through to the back of the carpet, so it can no longer be seen.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Yes to both.

Cutting it off is preferable -- no loose loop for dog, cat or kid to catch hold of.

Ken

Reply to
bambam

That is what the installer told us to do if a we got a pull in ours. Snip it off low.

Reply to
RayV

Cut it carefully as short as possible with sharp scissors or a razor blade.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT