Beam to support floor??

Looking to stiffen floor a little and remove a lally column. Currently the column supports 3 floor joists at the center of a 14 foot span. I was looking to remove this column and give myself some more room. I was going to build a 14 foot beam to support all the joists across the span. Can anyone tell me what size beam I should build, or where to find load chart to figure it out.

I was planning on using 2 x 12 x 16, 3 glues and bolted up with sandwiched

1/2 plywood. supported at either end.

The floor joist currently span about 16 feet and are old lumber 2 x 8 balloon framed of course.

Thanks in advance JRE

Reply to
Mastermech

google had this in the first response