Beam over Post Deck Question

Hi all,

Is this okay? Beam over post.

*Using pressure treated wood*

Beam is made up of 2 - 2x10x12 boards. I am using deck screws to hold it together (screwing 3 per < 16" section) I plan on using 2x Hurrican Ties to secure the each Joist to the Beam Do I need to do anything else to secure the Beam?

Another problem that I ran into is when I'm toe-nailing the Joist to the hanger, the joist seems to kick out a little. Overall it leaves a 1/8" gap between the ledger board and joist. What's the secret in keeping it snugged against the Ledger, or is that a bad thing because it won't allow the water to drain properly.

Thanx

Reply to
W. Wallace

look at decks in your area, install the upright post's (4x4), then place a 2x10 on either side of these post's, bolt them to the 4x4 post's., then build your joist's on top of this!

p.s. if your planning a railing, place the railing 4x4 inside the frame of the deck and use bolt's, washers etc..

Reply to
Punch