Bathtub drain

Hi, first time poster here - hope I get this right :)

I tried using a snake on the bathtub drain and, as with the sink, I started using the other end of the snake (tail end?); one without the screw-a-ma-giggy.

Well, it worked on the sink real well for starts but on the bathtub it sounded like it poked through somewhere because it sounded like it was thrashing around inside the bathtub cavity itself!

Does anyone know if they ever use rubber flexible pipes on tub instalations? I'm afraid I might have created a costly repair for myself.

I stripped out a section of calk and no water seems to be leaking so far.. I'm wondering if I might have gone up into the overflow spout and ruptured that - if so maybe its not too big of a deal. Any thoughts would surely be appreciated.

Thanks, Jark

Reply to
Jark

There are Fernco couplings that are often used in drain connections. See this site:

Do you have an access panel that allows you see the drain, perhaps in halway or closet?

If you had knocked one section of pipe out of the coupling, I assume you'd know about as soon as you used the tub because it would now be draining into the open (more or less).

Stripped out a section of caulk and looked where?. I'm not sure where you would have stripped out caulk to inspect a leaky drain.

If you went in the drain and up the overflow, you would have only gotten a very short length of snake in the drain, like no more than the distance from the drain to the overflow. If you had more than that amount in the drain, I doubt that's where you ended up.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Reply to
Jark