Bathroom ceiling light replacement

I have a small bathroom ..approx..6' x 9' and ceiling is about 8 to

8 1/2' roughly. Can someone recommend a track fixture with 2 lights, controlled by replacing the single switch via dimmer? I know they are available in home depot and the ilk,,,what i want to know would this make good lighting for a bathroom. I got a 100watt bulb there now, and yet for mirror viewing its not ideal...ie makeup, or shaving and etc.
Reply to
Anthona

It's a personal choice, but I wouldn't use a track in a bathroom. Try to find a larger fixture than what you have now. Ideally, some recessed lighting over the mirror works well, but is considerably more work than replacing a fixture

Reply to
RBM

Well, I think the light should be in front of you when you are facing the mirror, so it shines on your face and you can see it.

Is the bathroom on the top floor and is the attic accessible and unfinished?

If so, it's pretty easy to put a fixture above the sink. Really. In addition to what's on the ceilign. Mine had a knock-out for a switch and I put in a second switch so I could turn the fan off even when the lights were on. I have to go out now, but I'll look later, so post if you want details.

Reply to
mm

Thanks, no I do not have an attic, just a crawl space that only mice could fit in. I agree the light should be to directed to the face, as the florescent did, but someone told me that the 2 wires coming from the switch that happen to be a red and blue could not accomodate an incandescent bulbs fixture. Don't even know what that blue wire is...a neutral..and if so, why is it blue, shouldn't it be white? Is there a way to check it?

Reply to
Anthona

Neutral conductors don't go to standard switches. Hot and return wires go to standard single pole switches. Neutral conductors go directly to whatever they are feeding

Reply to
RBM