Basketball Net base

I assembled one of those roll-away nets this weekend. When finished, I

*stupidly* filled the base with water instead of just buying a few sand bags and placing them on top. Now I'll have to remember to get the water out before the winter so that it doesn't freeze and crack the base.

Hey, I wonder if I can pour some auto anti-freeze into it? Do you see any problem with doing this?

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
HLamlin

Turn it over and let the water drain out. That's what the neighborhood kids do to theirs.

Reply to
Hound Dog

But then how do they stop it from tipping over in the wind? Nah, gotta have something in it.

Reply to
HLamlin

That will work but if it would leak out and your pets drink it, it might kill them. There may be some "non-leathal" antifreeze out there (like for pools and such).

Reply to
borgunit

For the winter, ...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Put a bunch of driveway or water softener salt into the water.

HLaml> I assembled one of those roll-away nets this weekend. When finished, I

Reply to
dickwells

Use RV antifreeze, as in the stuff you add to your water system to keep it from freezing in the winter, it's non-toxic.

DJ

Reply to
DJ