Bar fridge problem

Not quite a home repair question.

We have a small bar fridge at work. The other day we set about to defrost it. We unplugged it and sat it outside the back door to thaw a bit. We got a little impatient and took a screwdriver and hammer to it and immediately punctured the freezer compartment side with the tubes of refrigerant (cfc-12). We may have breathed a little bit of the stuff.

  1. How long do we have to live?
  2. I assume without refrigerant, our bar fridge is nothing more than a small white locker.

Thanks.

Reply to
Brooklin

Bingo!

Luck, Brian

Reply to
Bulletsnbrains

Not enough for the slightest concern.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Hi,

Ooops!!

Do you smoke? Do you exercise? The refrigerant gas will not harm you by breathing in some.

Own a boat?....cause you have a great boat anchor!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I don't know about that. The insulation may make it a god marker bouy....

Reply to
HeatMan

LOL! That may be possible as well :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid