aunt outburst inside home!!

snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote: ....

I think more than that, perhaps..

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

In article , snipped-for-privacy@none.com says... :) What would cause such a sudden outburst of aunts? Usually they go :) after kitchen food, but my case they are not. Maybe they are after :) something I can't see? dead mouse? spider? Does aunt eat spider or :) spider eat aunt? I've seen more spiders inside recently... :) :) :) It depends on the type of ant you are seeing. If they are a large ant could be there has been a hidden carpenter ant nest that is about to swarm. There are a couple of species of small ants that may be living in the walls that something has attracted them...anything from toothpaste to sweat on a t-shirt can do it. Some species have no real "nest" but are like nomads and they have moved the whole colony inside where you came across them. Some ants are content feeding on the natural sugars found outside and a simple rain shower could have washed their food source away having foragers now getting inside the home. As far as spiders vs. ants, some ants would readily eat spiders where probably all spiders would gladly eat an ant, but neither usually would have a chance matched up with most aunts.

Reply to
Lar

Excessive breeding on one or both sides of the family.

You're a horny bunch aren't you?

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

If they're swarming in or around the bathroom sink-- and you've recently changed brands of mouthwash (or just started using it), the ants may be going after the residue in the sink after you "spit out". Happened to me-- now I spit in the toilet and flush and no more ants ;-)

S1

Reply to
Savvy 1

Yesterday out of no where I discovered lots and lots of ants in the bathroom. I am usually very careful about not leaving food outside, and the trail of the aunts (from bathroom - living room fireplace) does not appear to show that they were after my food. What the hell were they after? Were they just moving? I sprayed and killed most of them, which probably numbered in the thousands.. I've not had a single aunt problem for the past 2 years I've lived here. This is a SFH in a suburb area of san francisco.

What would cause such a sudden outburst of aunts? Usually they go after kitchen food, but my case they are not. Maybe they are after something I can't see? dead mouse? spider? Does aunt eat spider or spider eat aunt? I've seen more spiders inside recently...

Puzzled...

Raymond

Reply to
nospam.house

Ops, the title should say ant, not aunt.. ;)

Reply to
nospam

Used to have problems with aunts in the kitchen, but my uncle took care of the problem.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Please identify which kind of ant or aunt you want to get rid of. Your message is far too confusing to comprehend.

Lets begin here.

ANT - A creepy crawly insect with three parts, usually red, brown or black. You dont want them in the house.

AUNT - One of your parents sisters. Some are creepy, others are very nice. They come in all shapes and colors. You often enjoy their visits, except the creepy ones.

Now, start your message again so we all know the problem.

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

On Thu 01 Sep 2005 11:55:47a, wrote in alt.home.repair:

Me too! You'll have to ask your aunts.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Check with your uncle, he probably can tell you more about your aunt(s). Eric

Reply to
Eric

Your aunt can also be the woman who's married to your uncle.

Reply to
Larry Weil

Just an update, they appears to be after water. I've killed most of it in the bathroom, and they are not poping up there. But now they've showing up in small quantities in the kitchen counter. They seems to be concentrating in areas that are damp, like under the dishwasher rack and under the water dispenser. They don't seem to be that interested in the foods...

They are small and moves relatively fast. Maybe the argentine ants, damn.

Raymond

Reply to
nospam.house