Been researching bathroom tile installations for a new bathroom I would
to create in my house. Would anyone care to comment on some of the
I have accepted as truth from my research:
1. Alcove tub/shower with tiled walls: Use a vapor barrier, 1/2" CBU,
and thinset. This is the second best option, but first for homeowner
timid about floating a mortar bed.
2. Tub/shower ceiling: Use green board and a high quality latex paint
3. Tub/shower ceiling: Marble tile on ceiling - Can't be done safely
by inexperienced homeowner.
4. Bathroom walls: Greenboard is better than blueboard/plaster.
5. If alcove tub tiles flange out of alcove to exterior face (for
decorative purposes) it is OK to mount these tiles on
Love to have someone dispell any misconceptions before