asphalt millings

On 10/11/2017 04:44 PM, SEPaving wrote:

I've seen plenty of rotomilling but when they redid the road where I live they used a technique I hadn't seen. It was chip seal that hadn't had much maintenance for thirty years I know of. They ground up the pavement in place and redeposited it with some fairly large chunks. Riding a bike on it was a real pleasure. Then they went away for a month or so, let traffic compact it, and came back to lay down real hot top. We'll see how that goes. Most of the city streets are periodically chip sealed and they develop deep enough ruts that you have to be careful when you stop for a light on a bike.
Ether Jones wrote:

Thats the best part. Sometimes you can get the stuff for free and put it down if you have the equipment.
What I have now is 125' that basically looks like a worn asphalt driveway and it has held up a hell of a lot better then stone EVER could, but certainly NOT like a new asphalt driveway. The previous owner did that 5 years ago. And left the driveway near the house stone. We enlarged this area to a 40' x 50' and are looking to fill this in. The 125' we will do when it needs it.
Richard J Kinch wrote:

LOL.....re-read my original post.

Must be in the asphalt business.
A pretty asphalt driveway and parking area is NOT what I'm looking for. With 125' of driveway and a 40x50' parking area. Forget it. It is NOT worth the money.
As I said in my original post, I've used this stuff several times before. It is durable and holds together pretty well, compared to gravel.... And no, it isn't asphalt.
We have several in the community that have held up really well while their neighbors stone driveways have been washed several times by weather.
I was trying to see if anyone knew of any product for helping with the bonding. I KNOW what it is, HOW I've used it, WHAT to expect and how WELL it holds up, compared to the gravel driveways.
The best part is the COST. It costs me the FUEL for the dump truck. I've got access to all the other equipment.