Aprilaire 600 humidity output

Page 2 of 6  
On 11/22/2014 9:32 PM, Hongyi Kang wrote:

You know, it would be a bad surprise if the tube from the heat to the humidifier had a damper in it, and that additional damper were shut.
From here, it sounds like every thing "should" be fine. I am puzzled.
May I please write you by email, not on the home repair list?
- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hongyi Kang wrote:

Hi, I monitor every thing on my Davis weather station console. Right now Outdoor temp. is 2C, indoor 20.5C steady, Dew point -2C, Outdoor humidity 75%, Indoor 42%. Davis is pro grade instrument. In winter time I try to keep condensation off windows keeping humidity level proper. My humidifier is tied to furnace blower, so whenever blower runs it does too.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:22:50 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

te:

ever

ain! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understand Kore an :D

air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control with th e horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make sure it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot water sup ply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The humidity monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Bought f rom Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just skip that for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance had bee n satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and never fluc tuated when in a stable environment.

have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even lower than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I thi nk I might be >experiencing something different from other people who has t he same unit.

p in mind

air cools

lso said

low as

it will

ide temp

bove 40%.

not

high as

r is on,

out of it.

furnace

ll help.

oming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if this hot/ cold air difference will be able to account for the difference between the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature becau se when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put in the automatic one, but the manual one instead.

unit

ty

ikely

different numbers, no digital display.

o.

ut of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't even bo ther getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm thinking whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved that they could make improvements on.

s

l

t to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But again I r eally don't think that is the issue here.

it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

ave 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, again I 'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole model is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to get som ething better and more accurate.

y tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I supposed to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of water th at's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? The draini ng water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not forming a st ream.

Thanks Tony for the info! As I remember you only set your humidifier to 30% to 35%? If you are getting 42% humidity from that same exact humidifie r, in your much bigger house. I really don't see why mine can only get to 37% when set to 45%. Maybe it's just like what trader said, my furnace is not blowing enough. But really I felt the driest when the furnace was blow ing.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hongyi Kang wrote:

Hi, Today weather is mild so humidity can be high like that but when cold like -30C I have to keep humidity down around 30% or little bit less to prevent condensation. Summer time, a/c is running so humidifier is shut off. Usually humidistat is mounted side by side with thermostat. If you can turn on the fan on your thermostat, it'll circulate air in the house for more even temp. and humidifier can run too. Usually furnace cycles like 3 times an hour or so, but if you let the fan run all the time, humidifier will run all the time too.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 9:27:38 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

e:

e:

rote:

ly ever

again! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understand Ko rean :D

e air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control with the horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make sure it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot water s upply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The humidi ty monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Bought from Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just skip th at for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance had b een satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and never fl uctuated when in a stable environment.

n have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even low er than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I t hink I might be >experiencing something different from other people who has the same unit.

eep in mind

t air cools

also said

s low as

unit will

tside temp

above 40%.

's not

s high as

wer is on,

ty out of it.

e furnace

will help.

ecoming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if this ho t/cold air difference will be able to account for the difference between th e 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature bec ause when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put in th e automatic one, but the manual one instead.

a unit

dity

likely

s.

to different numbers, no digital display.

too.

out of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't even bother getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm thinkin g whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved that the y could make improvements on.

ays

all

it to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But again I really don't think that is the issue here.

et it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

have 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, again I'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole model is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to get s omething better and more accurate.

lly tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I supposed to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of water that's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? The drai ning water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not forming a stream.

o

ifier, in your much bigger house. I really don't see why mine can only get to 37% when set to 45%. Maybe it's just like what trader said, my furnace is not blowing enough. But really I felt the driest when the furnace was blowing.

Hi Tony,
My humidifier is probabaly configured differently than yours, because when I turn the fan to on instead off auto, the water supply to the humidifier doe sn't turn on. It only runs when the heat is on.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hongyi Kang wrote:

Hi, Usually furnace control board has terminals marked "HUM" meaning humidifier hook up there. Simply humidifier solenoid needs 24V AC in series with humidistat. When humidity is called for contacts in the humidistat makes supplying the 24V AC power to the solenoid. Aprilaire package comes with a small 24V AC transformer for this purpose. In case there is no "HUM" terminals. Then power source has to be tied into blower power utilising that transformer. Turning fan on does not start humidifier? you better call the service tech and ask him to make it work like it should. Being a retired EE I always tell HVAC service techs leave electrical part to me, don't bother with it. Once I teased a guy who installed my high efficiency furnace and a/c for an upgrade, I asked him to install wireless thermostat I got, he did not want to saying he never installed one. I wish I were your neighbor, I could straighten things out for you like nothing. Is your name 姜? My BIL who is HVAC commercial estimator, mechanical engineer's name is 姜大薰. Come to think of it, maybe they made the humidifier to come on when heat comes on which is not ideal.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 9:57:48 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

:

ote:

ote:

wrote:

n

rdly ever

g again! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understand Korean :D

the air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control wit h the horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make sur e it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot water supply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The humi dity monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Boug ht from Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just skip that for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance had been satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and never fluctuated when in a stable environment.

can have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even l ower than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I think I might be >experiencing something different from other people who h as the same unit.

Keep in mind

hat air cools

ou also said

as low as

e unit will

outside temp

it above 40%.

it's not

as high as

lower is on,

dity out of it.

the furnace

t will help.

becoming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if this hot/cold air difference will be able to account for the difference between the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature b ecause when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put in the automatic one, but the manual one instead.

uy a unit

midity

'd likely

ges.

g to different numbers, no digital display.

t too.

ht out of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't eve n bother getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm think ing whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved that t hey could make improvements on.

lways

be

t all

be

il

st it to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But again I really don't think that is the issue here.

set it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

id have 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, aga in I'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole mode l is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to get something better and more accurate.

eally tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I suppose d to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of wate r that's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? The dr aining water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not forming a stream.

to

idifier, in your much bigger house. I really don't see why mine can only g et to 37% when set to 45%. Maybe it's just like what trader said, my furna ce is not blowing enough. But really I felt the driest when the furnace wa s blowing.

hen I

doesn't turn on. It only runs when the heat is on.


There are a lot of humidifiers wired so that they are only on when the burner is on, including mine. Nothing wrong with it, no problems here. I do agree that if he gets his changed, then he could run it as much as he wants, but I haven't found the need. It will have less output without the benefit of the hot air though.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
trader_4 wrote:

Hi, If you study furnace control board, humidifier and electronic air clear are to run when blower comes on. Where I am in winter time R.H. can be below zero(that dry), if it runs only when heat comes on, humidity in the house will never reach to proper level. For various reasons blower is on all the time at low speed. Some humidifier packages come with sail switch to be mounted in the duct to sense the air flow and trigger the humidification.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/23/2014 10:16 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I I I [christmas presents]
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 10:16:38 AM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

te:

:

wrote:

wrote:

on wrote:

on

hardly ever

ing again! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understan d Korean :D

s the air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control w ith the horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make s ure it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot wat er supply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The hu midity monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Bo ught from Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just ski p that for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance h ad been satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and neve r fluctuated when in a stable environment.

r can have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even lower than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I think I might be >experiencing something different from other people who has the same unit.

. Keep in mind

that air cools

You also said

re as low as

the unit will

e outside temp

t it above 40%.

f it's not

it as high as

blower is on,

midity out of it.

f the furnace

hat will help.

en becoming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if thi s hot/cold air difference will be able to account for the difference betwee n the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature because when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put i n the automatic one, but the manual one instead.

buy a unit

humidity

ou'd likely

anges.

ing to different numbers, no digital display.

hat too.

ight out of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't e ven bother getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm thi nking whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved that they could make improvements on.

always

d be

wet all

d be

ncil

just it to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But aga in I really don't think that is the issue here.

I set it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

did have 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, a gain I'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole mo del is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to g et something better and more accurate.

really tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I suppo sed to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of wa ter that's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? The draining water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not formin g a stream.

ow

r

r

er to

umidifier, in your much bigger house. I really don't see why mine can only get to 37% when set to 45%. Maybe it's just like what trader said, my fur nace is not blowing enough. But really I felt the driest when the furnace was blowing.

d

s

.

n

when I

er doesn't turn on. It only runs when the heat is on.

e

e

rk

ut



I just looked at a Rheem furnace install manual. They provide a line volta ge humidifier output. It clearly says that it's active when:
the burner is on and the blower is running.
Different furnaces may operate differently. You can wire a humnidifier to run either only when the burner is firing, or whenever the fan is on. All the ones around here that I've seen, have been wired to run only when the burner is on and they provide sufficient humidity. I wouldn't want the furnace blower running in winter when it's not putting out warm air. My main point is that HK should know that it's not unusual to see them wired the way his is before he accuses the installer of doing it wrong.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:07:51 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

:

:

rote:

te:

g wrote:

g wrote:

rmon wrote:

ng on

r hardly ever

lping again! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could underst and Korean :D

ols the air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control with the horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make sure it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot w ater supply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The humidity monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Bought from Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just s kip that for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance had been satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and ne ver fluctuated when in a stable environment.

tor can have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was ev en lower than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also w hy I think I might be >experiencing something different from other people w ho has the same unit.

er. Keep in mind

en that air cools

. You also said

were as low as

, the unit will

the outside temp

ant it above 40%.

If it's not

t it as high as

he blower is on,

humidity out of it.

if the furnace

that will help.

then becoming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if t his hot/cold air difference will be able to account for the difference betw een the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperatu re because when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put in the automatic one, but the manual one instead.

't buy a unit

a humidity

you'd likely

changes.

nting to different numbers, no digital display.

that too.

right out of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't even bother getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm t hinking whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved th at they could make improvements on.

's always

uld be

t wet all

uld be

pencil

adjust it to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But a gain I really don't think that is the issue here.

en I set it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

I did have 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, again I'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole model is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to get something better and more accurate.

ld really tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I sup posed to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of water that's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? Th e draining water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not form ing a stream.

now

ter

el

wer

fier to

humidifier, in your much bigger house. I really don't see why mine can on ly get to 37% when set to 45%. Maybe it's just like what trader said, my f urnace is not blowing enough. But really I felt the driest when the furnac e was blowing.

old

ss

is

at.

ly

run

se when I

fier doesn't turn on. It only runs when the heat is on.

the

re

ase

rt

work

e

e.

as

hout





l


tage

o

l

I got it, I will ask nicely then and see if they could do it :). Thanks!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/24/2014 12:04 AM, Hongyi Kang wrote:

I I I I I I [christmas presents]
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/24/2014 12:04 AM, Hongyi Kang wrote:

In the old days of usenet, it was bad manners to leave excess old text, and keep sending it back through the system. I think it still is bad manners.
We can look at the last few people who wrote on this message, to see who are the offenders.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 9:57:48 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

:

ote:

ote:

wrote:

n

rdly ever

g again! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understand Korean :D

the air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control wit h the horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make sur e it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot water supply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The humi dity monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Boug ht from Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just skip that for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance had been satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and never fluctuated when in a stable environment.

can have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even l ower than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I think I might be >experiencing something different from other people who h as the same unit.

Keep in mind

hat air cools

ou also said

as low as

e unit will

outside temp

it above 40%.

it's not

as high as

lower is on,

dity out of it.

the furnace

t will help.

becoming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if this hot/cold air difference will be able to account for the difference between the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature b ecause when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put in the automatic one, but the manual one instead.

uy a unit

midity

'd likely

ges.

g to different numbers, no digital display.

t too.

ht out of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't eve n bother getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm think ing whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved that t hey could make improvements on.

lways

be

t all

be

il

st it to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But again I really don't think that is the issue here.

set it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

id have 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, aga in I'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole mode l is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to get something better and more accurate.

eally tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I suppose d to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of wate r that's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? The dr aining water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not forming a stream.

to

idifier, in your much bigger house. I really don't see why mine can only g et to 37% when set to 45%. Maybe it's just like what trader said, my furna ce is not blowing enough. But really I felt the driest when the furnace wa s blowing.

hen I

doesn't turn on. It only runs when the heat is on.



大薰.


Hi Tony, sorry I didn't reply earlier, passed out with my crying son last n ight XD. I will definitely ask the service tech about hooking the unit up with blower power. Haha if you were my neighbor it would be a lot of fun, cuz I've always been interested in EE, but I'm a bio major. My last name is actually 康, not sure if the character displays fine on your screen though...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 11/23/2014 3:27 PM, Hongyi Kang wrote:

If the three of us were there in person, we'd had it fixed by now.
- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus www.lds.org .
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Hongyi Kang wrote:

Hi, Please do it. My brother's name is 黃康秀, Koreans up to my generation can read and write Chinese, they quit teaching in high school for a while then they found out that was a mistake. They started teaching it again, LOL! My daughter did microbiology in university and went on to med. school, now she is a teaching doctor at local med. school. (university of Calgary) Your furnace looks like a 2 stage one. Mine is also 2 stage, 110.000 BTU at 96% efficiency. Kids grow up too fast, I still remember carrying daughter on my back every where. Most memorable is carrying her on my back I went down to the bottom of Grand Canyon and back up.....
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, November 23, 2014 4:04:55 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

te:

:

wrote:

wrote:

on wrote:

on

hardly ever

ing again! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understan d Korean :D

s the air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control w ith the horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make s ure it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot wat er supply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The hu midity monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Bo ught from Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just ski p that for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance h ad been satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and neve r fluctuated when in a stable environment.

r can have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even lower than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I think I might be >experiencing something different from other people who has the same unit.

. Keep in mind

that air cools

You also said

re as low as

the unit will

e outside temp

t it above 40%.

f it's not

it as high as

blower is on,

midity out of it.

f the furnace

hat will help.

en becoming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if thi s hot/cold air difference will be able to account for the difference betwee n the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature because when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put i n the automatic one, but the manual one instead.

buy a unit

humidity

ou'd likely

anges.

ing to different numbers, no digital display.

hat too.

ight out of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't e ven bother getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm thi nking whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved that they could make improvements on.

always

d be

wet all

d be

ncil

just it to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But aga in I really don't think that is the issue here.

I set it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

did have 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, a gain I'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole mo del is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to g et something better and more accurate.

really tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I suppo sed to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of wa ter that's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? The draining water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not formin g a stream.

ow

r

r

er to

umidifier, in your much bigger house. I really don't see why mine can only get to 37% when set to 45%. Maybe it's just like what trader said, my fur nace is not blowing enough. But really I felt the driest when the furnace was blowing.

d

s

.

n

when I

er doesn't turn on. It only runs when the heat is on.

e

e

rk

ed

?大薰.

at

st night XD. I will definitely ask the service tech about hooking the unit up with blower power. Haha if you were my neighbor it would be a lot of f un, cuz I've always been interested in EE, but I'm a bio major. My last nam e is actually 康, not sure if the character displays fine on your sc reen though...

p to my generation



I can totally see the happiness! I wish I could carry my son to the Grand Canyon one day, that would be fun, I haven't even been there myself yet, si gh.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 8:22:50 PM UTC-5, Tony Hwang wrote:

te:

ever

ain! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understand Kore an :D

air flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control with th e horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make sure it was fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot water sup ply, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The humidity monitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Bought f rom Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just skip that for now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance had bee n satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and never fluc tuated when in a stable environment.

have was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even lower than 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I thi nk I might be >experiencing something different from other people who has t he same unit.

p in mind

air cools

lso said

low as

it will

ide temp

bove 40%.

not

high as

r is on,

out of it.

furnace

ll help.

oming much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if this hot/ cold air difference will be able to account for the difference between the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature becau se when I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put in the automatic one, but the manual one instead.

unit

ty

ikely

different numbers, no digital display.

o.

ut of register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't even bo ther getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm thinking whether there are other hardware configuration problems involved that they could make improvements on.

s

l

t to a higher humidity level when my family really needs it. But again I r eally don't think that is the issue here.

it to 45%, but if I set it to ~30%, it stops.

ave 2 years of experience with it and it had been functioning well, again I 'm getting another one in to make sure, but if you think the whole model is just not accurate I probably won't be able to invest more money to get som ething better and more accurate.

y tell the difference between wet all over and partly wet, am I supposed to see stream on every single wire or just a very tiny thin layer of water th at's hardly observable? Or just drops of water here and there? The draini ng water seemed to all stick to the side of the tubing and not forming a st ream.

What does your weather station say the humidity is in Hongyi's house?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
trader_4 wrote:

Hi, It is free standing on a pole outside in my front yard. It measures all the weather related parameters and relay that to my console via Wireless. It has WWV synch'd clock, runs on solar/rechargeable battery combo. thru USB port it is connected to NOAA net. They collect lot of local weather conditions to micro manage forecasting. Check out the Davis products. It is expensive but worth the money.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, November 22, 2014 2:37:55 PM UTC-5, Hongyi Kang wrote:

te:

ever

n! Unfortunately I'm Chinese but I always wished I could understand Korean :D

r flow from supply to the humidifier(the one that I could control with the horizontal/vertical switch), then yes I did double check and make sure it w as fully on. I've also tried different water flow from the hot water suppl y, from minimum to maximum, humidity output did not change. The humidity m onitor I was using was AcuRite 00613A1 Indoor Humidity Monitor. Bought fro m Amazon, not sure if it's okay to post links here so I'll just skip that f or now. Anyways for the two years since I had it its performance had been satisfactory for me, it was able to sense humidity changes and never fluctu ated when in a stable environment.

ve was 16%, therefore the hot air I was measuring probably was even lower t han 16%, this is the main thing I was concerned about, and also why I think I might be >experiencing something different from other people who has the same unit.

n mind

cools

said

as

will

temp

e 40%.

t

h as

s on,

t of it.

nace

help.

g much higher than 16% sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure if this hot/cold air difference will be able to account for the difference between the 45% and 16%. The humidifier should not sense the outside temperature because w hen I had it installed I specifically asked for them to not put in the auto matic one, but the manual one instead. So the humidistat on the return duc t is just a round knob pointing to different numbers, no digital display.

f register is reasonable or not, if it is, I probably shouldn't even bother getting the service guy back in again. But if it's not, I'm thinking whet her there are other hardware configuration problems involved that they coul d make improvements on.

yes it definitely would. Hot air can absorb much more water than cool air. That is why in the winter the inside of your house is so dry to begin wit h - it may be 80% RH outside at 20 degrees but (let me google for a real nu mber) that same mass of air heated to 65 degrees will be around 15% RH with out having any change in water content.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_humidity http://home.fuse.net/clymer/water/rh.html
So, the most accurate RH measurements should not be made at the register bu t in fact as far away from them as possible, as the air coming out of the s upply duct will be warmer than the ambient temperature of the house.
Now that said, 16% does seem a little low, but it will definitely be lower than your target of 40-45% due to the temperature difference.
This is also why your humidistat is mounted on the return duct.
nate
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.