aprilaire 600

Hi, Humidifier usually runs when heating mode is active. If you checked when it was running in heat mode, then two things to check, water supply solenoid valve is burnt out or jammed, or there is no power to humidistat which is 24V AC voltage. Good luck.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

as far as i can tell there is power to humidistat. and its a shut off valve. its a brand new install. hasn't worked from the get go. Im a little disappointed. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
sherri-626

You're not giving us much to go on. I suggested you set it to test and listen for a click from the valve. If you move the control from min hum setting all the way to test, it should be clicking on and off. Does it? Are LEDs on the control lit, ie it's getting power? You should try the clicking test with the furnace firing. I think most are wired so that the test may work even with it off, but doing that test you should hear a click.

Reply to
trader_4

there is no test on this humidistat, nor is there leds. i turned it all the way up, while the furnace was fireing. then slowly turned it down till the click. Nothing.

I have tried to do what everyone has suggested. there is just simply, no water moving through the humidifier.

Reply to
sherri-626

I just lookded at the manual for the 600. The automatic version that includes outside temp compensation has a humidistat that has the test position. The humidistat for the one without temp compensation has a simpler control with no test position, which isn't a good thing. It doesn't look like it has any indicator LEDs either. Sounds like that's the one you have.

Do you know what the humidity in the house actually is? If the house is on the dry side and the unit won't click on when it's set to max, then something is wrong.

Reply to
trader_4

ive tried to put it on max. for a few cycles. still no water.

Reply to
sherri-626

do you know which way the valve is supposed to be, so its on?

Reply to
sherri-626

quoted text

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just to be clear, there are two valves.

They are typically installed with a saddle valve that clamps to a water pipe. That valve, as most do, opens counter-clockwise.

The other valve is solenoid actuated and is located on the humdifier itself.

If you have no click sound coming from the solenoid valve when the humidifier tries to go on, then water isn't the problem.

Reply to
trader_4

k, thanks for your help.

Reply to
sherri-626

Hi, Then whoever did the install. has to come back and get it right. You need it running in winter times for sure.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

And btw, if he used plastic tubing, he should have used copper. Plastic tubing will spring a leak in a few years and spray water all over the area until you notice it. I guess some humitifers come with plastic tubing.

Reply to
micky

You said it is a brand new install and hasn't worked from the get-go. Who did the installation -- you, a friend, or a company that you paid for the installation? If it's a company or person that you paid, have them come back out and show you that it is working, or fix it so it does work -- since it has never worked for you since it was installed.

Also, when you post messages here, are you able to quote the message that you are responding to? That would help.

Reply to
TomR