Application of Exterior Oil Based Stain

rent an airless, remember even with what you feel is no wind, whatever is 50- 75 ft downwind is in jepoardy of being coated.

Reply to
m Ransley

I have a pine, board and batten, house; which is finished with oil based stain. I am supposed to apply another coat this year. The problem is the stuff runs like water so goes down your arm, and anywhere but where its supposed to.

Would the solution be to rent a spray gun and spray the stuff on?

An ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Dick Green

You bet. Just about any paint gun will spray stain. You think paint a fence is bad, try using stain on the overhang of a roof. About 20 years ago, I had to do that, but no way could you use a brush. So I just filled up the garden sprayer (steel pump up type) . Worked so good, I used it to stain the rest of the building and then I used it for the fence. Cheap, but not really efficient. Get the cheapest air gun you can and any type of compressor if you want to be cheap.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Many years ago I bought rebuilt airless sprayers at Norther Hydraulics and they worked great. Much better than the Wagner brand which I brought back. They were incredibly cheap too.

Reply to
Art Begun