Any tricks for safe cleaning of slightly soiled (minor stains) mattress?

Any tricks for safe cleaning of slightly soiled (minor stains) mattress?

Child went off to college, and we finally cleaned his room. The mattress has some strange yellow areas and a few blood spots.

What's the safe way to clean them?

Reply to
OlaviPekkanen

I'd think of trying a rug cleaner where you spray it on, let dry and vacuum off.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

My Hoover steam vac has a upholstery cleaning feature. A hose sprays water, then vacuums it up.

I've used it on mattresses with success.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Oxy spray.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

maybe a gallon of diesel fuel and a match?

Reply to
bob

I've used this for the same purpose. Not 100% clean but a heck of a lot better. Let it soak, rub off with an absorbent rag, repeat until satisfied or your arms are too tired.

Reply to
slate_leeper