Any maintenance to do on 5yr old Kenmore (Whirlpool) washer?

Just repaired a broken lid switch and feel like I should do some maintenance on my washer since I now know how to quickly disassemble the unit. Is there any relatively inexpensive work that should be done now? Cleaning filters... replacing hoses... (just did the outside water line hoses)... switches??? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Rick

My whirlpool washer was here when I moved in (1994). Since then, I've oiled the motor twice, and might have replaced the drive belt once. I had to clean out the timer, it kept jamming in "fill" and the water kept running down the drain. Amazing unit, overall. I'm incredibly pleased with it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

buffalobill

Hi,

Fill hoses ( esp rubber ones ) should be changed every 5 years. Check motor coupler for wear ( if used on your Kenmore, no model# posted ), check the drain pump for any signs of rusting on the shaft or water seeping. Clean out fill valve screens with a tooth brush. Run a hot wash cycle with d/w detergant and bleach ( 1/2 cup of each usually is fine ) to help clean out the insides.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

"buffalobill" wrote

website doesn't work, only shows beginning of each problem, followed by [.] and nowhere to click to continue reading

I'd work on fixing the website before worrying about how to fix appliances!

Reply to
Fred Garvin