Any Experts Out there - Wall Heater Prob

I have an Electric Wall Heater which I have trouble with.

I turn it on > it works to a set point> then when it reaches that point it turns off.

Great, but it never turns back on, when the room starts getting cold again.

All I hear is click noise (i think its trying to turn on) then nothing.

Do you think its the switch (is there a switch) or thermometer?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dmachicado

What kind of wall heater? Is the thermostat on the unit or remote? Is the thermostat low voltage or line voltage? Once the unit heats and cuts off, how do you get it to start heating again?

Reply to
RBM

What RBM asked... :)

But, yes there is a switch, but an automatic switch is called a relay.

The click makes it sound as though the thermostat is functioning but either the contacts are burnt and not closing (doesn't seem right or it seems unlikely it would heat originally) or there's a temperature-related failure. That it appears to come on when cold but not again after warm makes me think of the thermostat and/or relay controls being mounted on a circuit board that has a cracked trace that opens when warms up then conducts again when cools down completely.

Just a WAG given the symptom and no other info...

Reply to
dpb