Anti-scald Delta Monitor Shower

I have a remodeled 2nd floor bathroom and they put in a Delta Monitor single handle anti scald shower unit......the only problem is that it takes forever for the water to get warm , even when it is turned to full hot...........................although if I use the shower on the first floor or wash clothes before I use this shower , then there does not seem to be a problem....................This situation makes no sense but it is real......any suggestions????????

Reply to
The Tilton Family

Makes a bit of sense. If the floor below uses the hot water, the cooler water that has been laying in the pipes is already gone from most of the run and thus less time getting tothe upper floor. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
The Tilton Family

Reply to
Art Todesco

I have a shower valve along the same lines (my valve reacts to pressure and not temperature and I assume yours does also).

One "feature" of the valve is that the installer can set the maximum movement of the handle to the "hot" position. I set my valve so that I can get 100% hot water and 0% cold. If your valve has the "feature" and it was set for, say, 50/50 max hot to cold AND you have a water saving shower head, when you run the shower you just ain't drawing much HOT water.

If what I described applies to you, you should be able to get access to the stop by taken off the handle and, maybe, the cover plate.

Reply to
John Gilmer

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:16:19 GMT, "The Tilton Family" wrote (with possible editing):

The other solution (to modifying the valve) is to run a hot water return line and use a recirculator. This may be difficult once the walls are closed in, but it is by far the best solution. Here our recirculator runs for 3 minutes at a time and turns on something like

3 times per hour during the day and not at all at night.
Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

You could try this:

blue