Antenna reception

This is my outdoor antenna.

As you can see from the pic, it gets rained on.

There is a small amount of corrosion on the aluminum rods.

Would that decrease my reception over time?

If so, should I coat it with something?

Thanks.

AK

Cosmetic only, it won't affect reception, no point in doing anything.

Reply to
trader_4

Firstly - outdoor antenni are not meant to withstand rain ! The warranty will surely be voided ! If you had bothered to read the 74 page installation manual you would have seen the precautions. My friends have had good luck with ... K-Tel's new improved Antenna-Kote ! .. accept no substitutes. It even works on indoor antenna !

  • * may cause ghosting or static or IBS * *

John T.

Reply to
hubops

LOL

No, OP, you don't have to do anything to your antenna.

Reply to
micky

It would probably help to spray the connections to the "elements" that are electrically connected to the coax with a product like CorrosionX or Boeshield T-9.   The rest of the "elements" don't matter.

Reply to
Neil Kelly

Thanks Neil.

Andy