another neighbor problem

Sure looks mentally f***ed?

Reply to
Abe

Ralph Mowery:

ignorant buffoon

Reply to
Mac Cool

It stands for: "So Long, Motherfucker". I don't think he really intended for anybody to notice it. However, knowing the patient, I had to agree with the sentiment.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"badgolferman" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.readfreenews.net:

He's a jerk. Ignore him.

Reply to
zapalac

This is hard to grasp. Why so much angst over a dead bush? You'd think that the MIL would have given them other things that he could venerate. Thank your lucky stars she didn't give them a horse! You could give him some ashes in a jar and tell him you had the bush cremated.

Anyway, it sounds like he's distraught over something else in his life and close to a breakdown. I agree with the others; back off and see if he calms down. BTW, did you ask the daughter why the father was so upset?

Curly Sue

No, I have kept my distance. However I don't avoid being outside if he is around. Personally I think he realizes he over reacted and is too embarrassed to admit to it. Hopefully the day will come when it's subsided a bit.

Reply to
badgolferman

Perhaps. I had a run in with somebody some years back. One day she sat down with me at lunch as though nothing ever happened. Neither of us mentioned it again and we've been good friends for the past ten years now.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

We have a guy on our street who is a Registered Sexual Predator, he spent time in jail for molesting his child. He acts exactly like the man you describe.

Your neighbor has 3 daughters and you wrote about him:

" He avoids me whenever I pull into the driveway and pulls his young child inside the house when my children are outside. He used to hang outside constantly and socialize with neighbors.."

Usually a person hiding themselves and their children from interaction with the neighbors means they're hiding something. Does he also keep the curtains/blinds/shades closed up, even in the daytime?

thetiler

Reply to
thetiler

Whatever his problem it probably isnt you. You've done enough. Give your friend some time. Remember there is more going on in his life than you.

Reply to
Jimmie D