Another Gas Boiler/ Central AC question

..Buying my first home.. Both the Gas Boiler and CAC Units need to be replaced.

Was it your opinion with going with a Trane or Carrier and have them install a combined AC/Heat system.. Or Should I get seperate units? I already have a plumber who gave us an estimate on changing the gas boiler but he doesnt work on CAC units... He wants us to use a Burham or Peerless gas boiler..

any thoughts????

Reply to
dmlegare

How important is comfort? Sometimes forced air heat is not as comfortable as hydronic heat.

Reply to
HeatMan

Hire one contractor to stop the finger pointing. If you get one person do the job you will have one person responsible for your satisfaction.

The equipment is secondary to the installer. Buy the highest efficiency that you can afford based on your utility rates. As an example I looked into as 14 seer split heat pump system to replace the

10 that is installed. It will take more than 8 years to pay for the $5400.00 installed price. I do not plan on being here that long. So I spent $450.00 on insulation instead. Best of luck with your project.
Reply to
SQLit

Thanks.. I just had a hvac person tell me that. he gave us some really good info to help us with our decisions...

Reply to
dmlegare