Ammo reloading

Like you , at home I'm limited to about 25 yards . I have no berm , but I do have nearly a quarter mile of very heavy woods before the next house . I have the room to push that out to 100 yards and build a berm , but there's a very nice range with covered shooting points about 23 miles away in the Nat'l Forest ... and it's free , plus I can almost always scavenge some brass . What I can't use I melt and cast into other stuff - unless I know someone that can use it .

Reply to
Snag

I am a member of a local range that is all outside. They have many shooting positions of about 30 yards and a range layed off from about 50 yards out to 200 yards. Also skeet and trap but I do not care much for the scatter guns. Takes me about half an hour or less to get there. Roughly 1000 members but most of the time during the week there are very few there if any. They do have a lot going on during the weekend for competition,but I don't care for that.

Here is a link to the web page. Run the vidio and see how nice it is.

Ralph Mowery

Box as in a box of 1000? Snap them puppies up. Midsouth is out of stock for everything but they're showing around $60 to $80 for a box.

Before the panic I asked the kid behind the counter for a box of small pistol primers and he came back with a sleeve. 'That's a good start. Now go back and get the other 9.'

I was shooting USPSA back then and that tends to use up ammo. I never really did get into blasting away and had dropped out before Obama became the world's greatest gun and ammo salesman.

Reply to
rbowman

Nice looking place. I belong to a similar club a half hour away with similar facilities but no fishing. We have two rifle ranges, longest out to 600 meters plus a muzzle loader, shotgun slug range. I could have posted URL but nothing is shown.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

The closest range to me is about 4 miles and it has everything from pistol bays to a 1000 yard range. It's a club range and the dues are $50 / year. There is a public range and I think that's $5 a pop and has lanes out to 300 yards.

The range on the other side of town has an archery range and there's a free archery range in town. The one I really like is in a state park but it's 100 miles away. The course is laid out on a ridge and is a little under a mile. The stations are designed so you're shooting at varying distances, uphill and downhill. All the state parks are free for residents for day use. I don't know what the camping fees are since there are a few thousand square miles of places to camp that are free even if they don't have picnic tables and outhouses.

Reply to
rbowman

Neither of the clubs I belong to have fancy videos and they definitely don't have fishing.

Hellgate Civilian Shooters has two ranges, one of which has an indoor range that's mostly used by the rifle team.

The kids are good and I throw a few bucks to the program when I pay my dues. 10 meter air rifle isn't the most exciting thing to watch but if you know the skill required you can appreciate it,

The Baikal IZH-60 air rifle is a long way from the competitive rifles but it is a lot more accurate than I am at 10 meters. Not being a teenager I do have a scope on it. The IZH 46 pistol is a contender however.

Unfortunately Obama sanctioned the Kalashnikov Concern and the Baikal air rifles and pistols fall under that umbrella.

Dropping the sanctions appears to be another Trump non-accomplishment.

Reply to
rbowman

while those were per 1000, they are at my house and bought years ago.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Ah, YOUR shop. My mind jumped to gun shop. I've got a can of 296 that's probably old enough to vote and I don't even want to see if it has a price sticker on it. My taste for balls to the wall .357 loads expired a while back. I've got a couple of speedloaders of Golden Sabres that should have a 'break in the case of emergency' sticker.

Reply to
rbowman

Just saw good article on current ammo and component shortage:

invalid unparseable

I don't recall the years but in the past starting around 1990 or so there have been shortages of things. Government pased that 10 round magazine limit and the assult weapon ban. The AR15 type rifle went way up if you could find one. Magazines were close to $ 100 instead of $

15 to $ 25 depending on the gun. It ended and prices dropped , now they are up again due to supply problems. Primers with through 2 shortages I remember before this. I don't recall why there was a primer shorage for the reloaders.

Any way I had made up my mind to have atlest a 2 year shooting supply, not that I shoot all that much. Also have some ammo that I probably will never shoot like the full power 357 mag as I switched over to a more moderate load of about 1000 fps and 158gr SWC.

Due to not being in the mood and some medical problems of the wife I have not had a chance to do much shooting this year,so still good for about 2 more years or more. Good thing about the ammo is it seems never to go bad. Shot up some 9mm that I had loaded over 25 years ago a year or so ago. Worked fine.

Seems that everytime a Democrt gets in office of President there is a shortage of gun related items because of panic buying. The republicans take over and the shortage goes away after a while.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Our situations are very similar even being grounded with a wife who had a knee replacement last month.

Democrats do cause panic buying. We know they are anti-gun.

I heard primer situation was compounded by Obama's people designating wet primer as explosive causing people to get out of the business and article points out the even foreign manufacturers cut back because of covid.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Lies or not the Democrats try to pass anti gun laws everytime they are in office and do have a platform of being antigun. Biden wants to take away everything but shotguns. Those are his words, not Republican lies.

Most of the Democratic states seem to have very strict gun laws and usually more serious crime.

Seems now some of the Democratic controled towns are starting to do away with the police force and replace them with a peace force or something like that.

Starting to look like a duck and quack like a duck. Maybe it is a duck.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

He also said he's not a dictator , that dictators rule by executive fiat ... well it sure as hell looks like a duck to me !

Reply to
Snag

Okay... I'll put in an order to Santa for a Saiga 12 with the 17" barrel and a few extra drum magazines. Oh, I forgot. Biden's former boss sanctioned Saiga and Trump never reversed the EO.

To paraphrase Quigley I don't have much use for a shotgun...

Reply to
rbowman

In the case of ammo it is true. We bought a lot of range ammo from Russia and China but the democrats systematically eliminated that supply chain. In the case of Biden and Russian ammo you can't even believe the "sanction" bullshit since he waived the main <trump era> sanction that was stopping the Nord Stream pipeline. That is billions to Putin personally. Ammo may be a few million to the Russian government in general.

Reply to
gfretwell

Whatever commie bob f says, the reverse is true ;)

Reply to
invalid unparseable