Aluminum Windows

Can anyone tell me how to take out the lower (moveable) window in an old single hung alum. window? I have to replace part of the locking mechanism that is on the fixed window. Thanks

Reply to
Don

On all the ones I have worked with there is a "hinged stop" at the top of one or both sides. Raise that, slide the window to the highest position, push to one side and pull it toward the room. Then disconnect the lift mechanism, the disconnect method varies, and you have it out.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt