Alternatives to UGLY vinyl siding

Obviously never had a fire. :)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

(sorry to jump in here but I thought this pertinent) How about a recycled material siding option? I have a couple samples of some imitation roofing slates that raise many eyebrows with their realistic look (then they pick it up!). These are allegedely made from recycled tires. If I coulda found an installer on Long Island (that didn't charge 'real' slate install prices), I'da done it.

Now we're looking at siding options for our 1-story ranch. I completely sympathize with the op regards vinyl. My feelings are more principle-driven and I could accept a siding made from recycled materials. Any ideas?

C.

Reply to
Chuck

Hi, My cabin has a siding made of recycled crushed paper juice boxes. Pre painted with 20 year warranty. Been 5 years since install. it is hard as rock and color is still same as when it was put up. Went thru couple heavy hail storms, winter cold, summer storm, nothing bothers it. Happy with the product. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Product name or URL?

C.