Alamo demand water softener

I have a 10 year old Alamo demand water softener that I need some advise on. First, from time to time the water pressure drops, when I use the bypass the pressure increases. I have taken the two screens out and cleaned them and the water pressure drops still occur but less frequently. I thought that since I live in Florida and there is alot of iron in the water that maybe I should use Iron Out to clean the media. I think I understand the procedure, but I have a mechanical timer/demand meter. I really seems simple, but I am not sure how to regenerate the system manually. I understand that you allow the salt to get low and then add the Iron Out then regenerate. This is suppose to clean the media (resin). Would this improve the water pressure? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Reply to
pahyde