Air Lifting

You mentioned several things in your original post, seemingly interchangable. Airlift:

My prediction is that the 'airlift' method will not work, and that the venturi method *may* move some water all the way to the top, but will not give you a nice stream, but rather a spray of tiny droplets (think "airbrush").

Which method do you plan on using?

Reply to
m4rcone

I haven't used the word. A venturi operates on the principle of a reduced section of pipe (in this proposed system) with an air injection (or water) mounted so the nozzle is in, or just before, the reduced section. A jet pump works on the same priciple, pump a bunch of water up the pipe to draw more water into the stream. I actually built a "mud" siphon of plumbing parts to clear siltation from a smal irrigation pond, used water for the moving from the irrigation pump for the motive source.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K