Air in Water Lines?

The water line is pressurized so an leak would not admit air. Maybe your water heater is set too high and there is boiling happening.

Reply to
William W. Plummer

When I turn on the hot water faucet in a sink or shower it 'sputters' as if there is air in the line. I have not done any plumbing work that would have caused this... what is happening? I can't find any obvious leaks anywhere???

ML

Reply to
Leo

Got some more info, symptoms... We are running out of hot water, quickly... It is still heating some water but not a lot.

Reply to
Leo

Not always true, flowing water can pull in air through a hole, when the flow stops the the hole becomes a leak. Google "venturi". A leak under a slab could cause this Dave

Reply to
Dave Morrison

I have seen a dip tube in the water heater cause this. That would only affect the hot lines. Does the water smell bad? If so change to an aluminum dip tube in the water heater. Might be gasses disolved in the water like coming out like bubbled out of soda pop with a change in temperature or pressure.

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

Leo,