Advice requested for the repair of 3 of 4 ceiling fans (perhaps remote controlled?)

That's a good question, and I really don't know the answer. Every universal I've seen, that use dip switches, including the Casablanca w-52, have four switches just like your transmitter. Last summer I installed a fan with remote control that used a "learn" button, similar to those on garage door operators.

Reply to
RBM

Correct. This is the only one that appears to be a Casablanca. You can call their technical help line and ask them if a universal transmitter will work with their W-52 receiver, but ultimately you will have to know how the dip switches are set

Reply to
RBM

Hmmm.... that's interesting. Thanks for the detail.

I suspect mine are all *old* fans, probably at least dating back to the

90's for the original fans, and then dating maybe to the 2000s for the two newer fans (in the remodeled part of the house).

So, for now, I'll "assume" that the 4-position DIP switch will run them all if I can just verify that they have 120V going to them.

I haven't been able to work on them today - but hopefully tomorrow I'll have more detail.

Reply to
Danny D.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll call Casablanca tomorrow:

888-227-2178 They do have manuals here:

But, the only manual that had W52 in the name was this one:

I don't have any wall switches that look like that W52 unit though.

Reply to
Danny D.