Adjusting toilet flange height

I'm remodeling my bath room and replacing the linoleum with granite. I pulled up the 1/2" plywood nailed to the sub floor, which is 2x6 t&g. I'm putting down 1/2" cement board then 3/8 granite in 12x12 squares. The toilet flange will be flush with the cement board, and 3/8ths lower than the granite. What do I do to seal at the toilet connection?? The existing plumbing is cast iron with the toilet ring built into the piece that goes to the sewer line.

Many thanks

Terry

Reply to
AlmostVirgin

Simple. With 2" flooring in place you do NOT need 1/2" underlayment.

1/4" Hardibacker underlayment is more than sufficient and stronger than the 1/2" anyway. Double wax ring and problem solved.
Reply to
Jeff Cook

A better solution than double wax ring is spacer(s) made for this purpose.

Reply to
Alan

Given the advice, with a net difference of 1/8" it's definately not necessary to use a spacer. Double ringing has been done for years with great success.

Reply to
Randy Calhoun

Randy Calhoun wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I have used two of FluidMaster Wax-Free Bowl gasket so far and they work great:

Mike

Reply to
Mike