adding heater to finished second story

I have used a 220v cadet forced air heater in a gazebo. It works very well, and was easy to install. The 220v models are great if you can pick up 220 from the service panel. The 120v are ok, but will dim the lights more so than a 220 unit. I know the cadet line was recalled a few years ago, but they went out of business and are now owned by a different company, with supposedly better quality. The unit I bought was of seemingly high quality. A word of advice though- On the cadet "Com-Pak plus" which I have, the screws for the front grille actually go into the wall surface, so be VERY precise when cutting the hole. I think my heater cost about 100.00 about two months ago.

Reply to
wh349055

I have an old 'story and a half' home with the master bedroom upstair in basically what is a finished attic. Currently, the gas heater doe not have any vents up there. I'm needing to run some heat up, but wa thinking I may as well go with electric, since gas is so expensive no anyway. Has anyone tried Broan Register Heaters?? The room is abou

300 square feet and I would just be wanting to warm it up for a fe hours at night and an hour in the morning or so

-- ashroyer

Reply to
ashroyer

Yes the price of gas is up. The price of electricity is also up, but not as much in most areas. However almost everywhere the cost of gas is far cheaper per unit of heat produced that electric. With the exception of a few places with very low eclectic prices (generally gas is not available) and areas where cooling is more important than heat (think Florida) and you are talking heat pump, gas is still considerably cheaper.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

For the moment, because of regulatory delays.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

My choice in rural Tennessee is propane vs. electric. Propane here is prohibitively expensive but one must have backup because the electric goes off if it rains, if the wind blows or if someone is having a bad day. The plus side is that in exchange for letting the TVA ruin the environment, we get cheap power.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Good advice, I have already talked two friends out of putting in electric space heating equipment because of "huge gas costs". Even if the cost of natural gas doubled and electric has no increase natural gas would still be less expensive in our area which has fairly typical rates.

Reply to
George