Acrylic Caulk, but not in a gun?

Hi,

I have just put us some crown molding, and have a couple of gaps I'd like to fill. I've read some postings that suggest using Acrylic Caulk rather than putty to fill the gaps.

Does Caulk come in any kind of packaging other than what you use in a caulk gun? ie: in any kind of little tub that you can scoop it out of?

Or do I just need to improvise, and squirt the caulk into the gaps with the gun? (I've always thought of a caulk gun as being used to lay beads)

Thanks

Reply to
Steven

Yes, it does. Look for DAP 5.5 fluid ounce tubes. I have a tube of DAP Alex Plus in my hand right now. Acrylic Latex Caulk with Silicone. 35 year durability. Indoor/outdoor, paintable, flexible, highly durable, cured caulk is mildew resistant, and water clean up. I might have gotten it in HD or Lowes.

Reply to
willshak

at just 3 bucks or less for a cheap caulking gun it might be cheaper than buying caulk in a preminum tube

be certain to buy the paintable kind

Reply to
hallerb

Yes. The tub I bought was labeled "Flexible Patch"

It's not too easy to work with. It sticks to the tool. Maybe moistening the tool might work but I never got into that.

Jason

Reply to
jazon48

Squirt a bit of it roughly where you want it with a caulk gun, then use a clean damp finger to move the caulk exactly where you want it.

Reply to
ccs>ikyr

In addition to DAP, Poly Seam Seal comes in a "tooth paste" style tube as well. A very good product. BTW you really don't save all that much buying the tube over the caulk cartridge. An experienced hand with a gun can do just about everything tube can do

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207