Ace Hardware

On 1/5/2009 7:09 PM Charlie spake thus:

But you did keep the round tuits in stock, right?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

My grandmother had an extension cord with plugs on both ends, under the living room table and sofa. I think I got a shock from it once when I was about 10, when my leg hit it. That was when I noticed it. I know she didn't make it. Maybe my grandfather did, but I don't know why. Even at age 10, I thought it strange, but I didn't like to complain.

Reply to
mm

"HeyBub" wrote in news:F66dnS1D-OHl8P_UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

oh, that's very *shocking*.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Check out Linn County kansas. Or cedar county missouri. No permits required in either of these except for septic systems. So, no permits, means no inspections. And therefore there is no code enforced in these two places.

steve

Reply to
Steve Barker

UHHHH duh, you plug the double in first, then the cord into the generator.

Steve Barker

Does it inclode a Cap for the male plug at the other end?

Reply to
Bob F

On 1/5/2009 8:34 PM RobertPatrick spake thus:

I think it's simply reVOLTing.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 20:56:12 -0500, "Twayne" wrote Re Re: Ace Hardware:

I live in a county that doesn't have "codes". Most of the municipalities do have codes, but the rural areas do not.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Damn, guess you need a better partner.

Reply to
Ron

And after your kid plays with cord and fries himself, while you are out hunting for more gas to to top off the generator?

Stuff That Can Kill You (or Others) is no place to take hillbilly shortcuts. Do it right, or do without. If you can't be bothered to make a proper hookup, there is always the old standby of cords through the window, and an old towel to keep the rain from coming in.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Of course not, it wouldn't be your fault that someone isn't as "smart" as you are...

Reply to
George

A condom? I don't think so.

Reply to
HeyBub

And likely one of the easiest ways to kill someone and do jail time.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I wonder why?

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Yes...and you will be subject to a wrongful death suit that you will deal with from prision.

Only idiots use them.

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

It's actually a numb way to do it. You only get half the circuits energized. If you have a 220 volt outlet on the generator it's a total waste of time. If you are thinking about it now, you can plan for a failure by installing a 220 volt adapter and switch over box.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

You need to listen for the faint whisper of: "Is it in yet?"

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Hmm. That's a new wrinkle.

Reply to
HeyBub

If you have to ask...

Reply to
DerbyDad03

At night during a storm, when you're wet, drunk, half asleep, and can't find your glasses and the car keys (or that brown fuzzy thing you can't identify but must be really important).

Reply to
Harry L