ac pan not draining well

I have a package unit outside and have discovered that the water pan isn't draining well and may be the cause of a pond water smell when the unit starts up after sitting for a bit. It appears that the pan is slightly tipped back. I am wondering if I can fill the back corners with sand, small pebbles, a bit of morter mix or wood to displace the water and thus help keep the pan a bit more dry. I have not found a way to raise back of the pan or lower the drain side an eighth of an inch which would probably be the best solution. Any other ideas out there? JD

Reply to
JD

Get a floor jack and lift the corner of the unit up high enough to get several bricks under it (or cinder blocks if needed).

If you do go the route you suggested, make sure you are using OSHA approved pebbles and check your local code on what wood to use. I'd go with black walnut or balsa.....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

This is Turtle.

OH, NO , Go with Cypress wood for you can put cypress wood in a river or lake for 50 years and then come back and dry it out and use it to build a house with and be just fine. I know some boat docks that was made out of cypress and are over 40 years old and still there looking good. Also Termites will not eat Cypress and there is some fence post that are around here over 100 years old and still there looking good.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I'd try it. Ed