AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

damn those oil company execs and munitions makers

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

How does "Affirmative Action" gum up the ethanol problem...other than favoring one group of rich republican businessmen over another?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

ZOOMmmm Right over your pointy little head. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You knew, which coven are you a member of? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You mean Obamahood who steals from the rich and gives to the poor? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in news:atlas-bugged- snipped-for-privacy@news.solani.org:

Last I checked, Mexico wasn't part of the US, so whether cane will grow in Mexico is irrelevant to the question of whether it can be grown in the US.

I repeat: the climate in the US is inhospitable to growing sugar cane on the scale required to produce sufficient ethanol fuel.

Certainly much of the arable land in the US is hospitable to growing sugar beets

-- but we were talking about cane, remember?

Reply to
Doug Miller

You forget Brazillian vehicles are BUILT to use Ethanol as fuel.

Reply to
clare

oh I was ignoring your traditional anti-white racism to see if you could actually answer the question

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Well if AF1 is kept airborne by the messiah, why would I believe in physics

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

you certainly wouldn't expect any sane person to support those rich who hide their money overseas, would you?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

we all knew

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

so what you are saying is that American Manufacturers aren't as smart as Brazil?

or are you saying there are no old cars in Brazil?

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

but we do trade with Mexico. In fact some of that corn that is turned into ethanol and not tortillas could have been being shipped to Mexico

why be a piker: the climate in the US is inhospitable to growing many foods on the scale to support Americans year round

actually we were talking about ethanol, remember. if not just look at the subject line

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" wrote in news:atlas-bugged- snipped-for-privacy@news.solani.org:

We weren't talking about growing sugar cane in Mexico. You disagreed with me when I said that it wouldn't work to try to grow it in the US.

Fortunately for the US, that isn't true. We're able to supply our own needs well enough that the Federal government pays farmers to *not* grow food...

Not correct. You and I were talking about producing ethanol specifically from sugar cane -- starting when I said that it wasn't feasible for the US to do as Brazil is doing, because our climate won't support sugar cane growth on the necessary scale.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No, Malcolm. What I am saying is the vehicles there are designed to run on Ethanol because it is their primary motor fuel. Yankees could design vehicles to run on it too - but ethanol is not universally available in Yank-land and the cost to make every vehicle totally multi-fuel capable is significant in a country where 5 dollars makes the difference between buying something decent and buying junk - with the junk almost universally winning.

As for old cars - they need to run on gasoline (more expensive) or be extensively modified for ethanol.

Reply to
clare

ANd with the average age of the fleet of cars in the US now just over

11 years, it would take a while for the old cars to work their way out of use.
Reply to
Kurt Ullman

We are already growing it in the US, of course I do understand that you mean it wouldn't work in the sense of growing enough. Fine, so we'll grow more sugar beets to make sugar with, we'll use sugar cane to make ethanol to replace corn based and then the corn can be used to the worlds malnourished

Sure, but since there are some places that like to have tomatoes, strawberries, avocados, most fresh fruit and lots of other veggies year round, even though they aren't necessary for survival, we import them. We can import ethanol from Brazil

Okay, but I was also talking about plants that could produce ethanol energy positive, so while I wouldn't mind seeing most of florida and louisiana and whoever else grows it turned into a big sugar cane plantation, we'll just have to use sugar beets, sunchokes, hemp and whatever else works until we can grow algae that feeds on oil spills and can then be converted to ethanol

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

what a wonderful business opportunity. I'd imagine that the cost of subsidizing the cost of converting cars to run on ethanol as a primary fuel or to make them multi-fuel might be cheaper than the costs of securing oil

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Oh, that's right, you're a member of the P.L.L.C.F. coven! ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

All new unfathomable technology is viewed as magic. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas