A Weird Infestation

I live in the Pacific northwest and lately there has been something of a small infestation of little black bugs about a quarter inch long; they don't seem to be able to fly, but I seem to see them on the beds every once in the while. They are not easily killed by flying bug spray, so I have to really whack them hard with a newspaper to kill them.

Does anybody have any idea what these bugs are and where they come from? I had bought a new mattress about the time these bugs started appearing and I have to wonder if there is some connection to that?

Ron

-- "Everybody has a secret except for me and my monkey."

Reply to
Ron Hubbard

Possibly. Do they look like the bed bug pictured here:

Or pantry or carpet beetles?

Jeff G

be

Damn. They are not bed bugs nor is there a picture or description of them on that other web site either. These bloody things are solid black, about 1/4" long, and look like wingless flies; they are always crawling. While most of the time they have been found in a bedroom, there has been a few in the kitchen or other parts of the house.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Hubbard