A testimo

Back in the very early 80s, I bought a Honda HRA214 self-propel mower. Use d it all over my 2 acre homesite, wore the rubbers off the drive wheels twi ce and was ready to replace them a third time when it finally refused to st art spring of 2013.

When new, the advertisement was "starts first pull every time". That was t rue. Even when it was on its last legs and smoking enough to look like a f og machine, one pull every time.

Anyhow, back in the late 90s I bought another one, HR215 thinking the 214 w ould be dying any time. I used it a few times but preferred the old one as it was lighter and easier to maneuver. Drained the gas out of the new one and put it away.

Yesterday my neighbor asked if she could borrow my mower. I told her my ol d mower had died but the new one was back in the shed and she could use it "if it will run" IT DID!! Started on the first pull after about 20 years j ust as advertised. Did have a minor carb problem, stuck float, bounced it a couple times and put to use.

Dunno if they still use that "first pull' advert anymore.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Toro brand SP mowers with Briggs & Stratton engines (with automatic choke) are guaranteed (for 3 years) to start at the first or second pull. Mine does after 18 months.

Reply to
Don Phillipson