a case for safety

Lucy! Is that you? How ya been?

Reply to
krw

All I can say is that I haven't experienced the issues you describe.

I bring the radio to lots of volunteer functions that I'm involved in, both inside and out, and typically supply the tunes (or football game coverage) while we're working.

It's sounds as if you haven't tested the Bosch side-by-side with the Dewalt. It might be interesting to see if it's a location issue vs. a equipment issue.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

re: "If your friends aren't compliant..."

D*mn. I thought spell checkers were supposed to know what I mean to say.

re: "my guess is 50"

Bzzzttt...Wrong Answer. Your guess is not within 2 years of my actual age.

BTW A stuffed bear wasn't an option anyway.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Others seem to agree with me:

I haven't but others have and report it to be far better (just how difficult is it to design a frappin' radio these days). I just don't think the function is worth close to $200. I'll use the crappy DeWalt, even though it won't remember its presets or even what station it's on. As I said, it works OK for MP3s.

Reply to
krw

Theres a rumor the Feds want to force convert all radio stations to digital like they mandated on TV.

so it might be bst bto nput off expensive radio purchases for awhile

Reply to
bob haller

I doubt it. What's the point in a digital AM station? The FM band wastes a lot of bandwidth so it might me interesting. I don't think AM is going anywhere (unless the Dems just make it go away, instead of some other "fairness" gimmick).

I'd buy a portable if there was something worth buying. I have a CC Radio but its LCD display died some time back. It's almost impossible to set without the display.

Reply to
krw

Sounds like you haven't heard any of the "HD radio" advertising.

George

It's in the FM band.

Reply to
krw

the Grundigs and Sangeans that Rat Shack sells under their house brand aren't bad, and cheaper than the similar models with the actual brand names on them. One model or another is on sale most of the time. I've accumulated enough of them from garage sales and such that I plan to park one in a hidden location (along with a mini tool kit) at all the relatives I visit on a recurring basis, just so I don't need to haul so much crap with me when traveling. Hey, that empty space in the bottom of the bedside table was just sitting there....

Reply to
aemeijers

If it won't remember the pre-sets then I'd suggest changing the batteries found under the little cover with the 2 screws inside where you plug in your cordless tool battery. I'm not near my radio, but I think you need 2 AA batteries.

The symptoms you describe sound like the problem is with *your* radio, not the model itself. The only time I lose my presets is when the "internal" batteries die.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

That's an old carny trick...asking the mark for info that could lead you to an answer.

What would be *your* idea of "close enough"?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It won't remember presets with the thing plugged in.

The radio sucks. Even if the presets worked, the radio is junk. Did you read the Amazon feedback? I'm not the only one with a low opinion of the DeWalt radio.

Reply to
krw

I saw some Grundigs at Fry's in Atlanta. Seemed pretty junky. I'll take a look at RS. There is one here (just one, believe it or not).

Reply to
krw

s OK with an MP3

Well, I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your radio.

I have no complaints about mine, nor have I heard any of my friends who have the same model complain.

Reception is fine, presets hold, clock works. If it ever breaks, I'll probably get another one.

Obviously, our mileage has varied.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

with an MP3

I'm not happy with it. I only responded to the posts saying that it was a decent radio. It's not.

You can *have* mine. The radio is shit.

Obviously, you have no idea what a decent radio is.

Reply to
krw