A/C A-coil drip pan leaking

A new air handler.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

In alt.home.repair on Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:34:20 GMT "JOHN D" posted:

I'm not an HVAC guy, and I'm sure there are better ways, but in general it's goodto know that PC-70 can be put on a wet material and still stick. I was only a temporary roommate of a tenant whom I didn't know in advance, but I once fixed a sink drain with a hole and a faucet that wouldn't stop dripping, with PC-70, while water was coming out of the hole. I had to keep pushing the stuff back in place but eventually it hardened and stayed there, and didn't leak.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

As the Kinch man said: a new air handler. At the least, a new coil. That is unless a new drain pan can be ordered. Sure they make some caulk that will plug a leak (even under water! Why, you can even glue your helmet to a steel beam and suspend yourself 50 feet in the air!!!), but you'll just end up with another leak elsewhere, and I GUARANTEE it will happen when you least expect it (while you are on vacation and your ceiling ends up on the floor). Go ahead and patch it for now, but i would plan on replacing it before something major happens...

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

My A/C A-coil drip pan is leaking leaking water. It's in the attic. Not a good place for a water leak. I know there's a bunch of rust scale in the pan cus I just cleaned everything else and inspected the A-coil to check it. I didn't clean the pan cus it's so hard to get into. Maybe I'll get lucky and it's just a plugged drain but I don't think so. It might be impossible to get at the leak but if I can get at it, what do you HVAC guys use to patch up a rusted leaking drip pan? John

Reply to
JOHN D

Depends, best case, a new pan, worst case, new air handler, or coil. Depends on the situation, and how extensive the damage, if any, is.

Reply to
webmaster

Worst case scenario is you clean the pan and lay up fiberglass and resin just like they do to make a boat or shower stall. Could very well be a clogged drain.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I just ordered a new drain pan for $8

Reply to