Subject Author Posted Replies

Help! Electrical problem
My house is about 30 years old. The electrical outlets are 3 prong and the circuits are all on breakers. One of the circuits in the kitchen measures 115v but it seems when i put a load on it, like a...
27
27

Smart meter? Not by the hair of my chinney-chin-chin!
"From his home in Bowdoinham, Maine, the helicopter pilot and environmental activist is leading opposition to digital electrical meters being installed by the local utility, Central Maine Power. The...
3
3

Push On Shaft Retainers; Removal Of ?
Hello, I have a metal cart where the two tires are held onto the shaft using these "push-on" type of fasteners. The kind with the prongs all the way around so they can move in only one direction. Like...

OT rant: bank of America
BA just cut my credit limits --- a lot. The card I was carrying, thinking I had 5,000 or so available credit. They cut it to shaving distance from my balance. One day I tried to buy gas, but was...
33
33

recommended pressure/ power washers for home use
I've toyed with this idea in the past and now I'm thinking of it again after seeing my neighbor use his own. In the past, I just hired someone. What is a good power washer to do concrete, maybe wood...
6
6

York Blower Motor Not Running; Error LED Blinking
I had a complete York AC/Heating System installed in my house in 2007. Recently air stopped coming out of the vents even when the fan is set to On via the thermostat unit. I went in the attic and...
12
12

GFCI Requirement?
I am having some work done in my basement which the contractor has taken upon himself to move my washing machine directly beside the dryer. Previously, there was a utility sink between the two...
21
21

For fun at Home Depot
Go in and buy ski mask, tie wraps and duct tape. Ask for directions to a near by park.
6
6

Question for a worldly electrician
I just saw a TV commercial. It was about two Asian girls fighting in an Asian coffee shop. At the end of the commercial one of the two girls plugs in a laptop. The outlet is shaped like the outlets we...
21
21

HOAs: "No solar panels for you"
"The government wants you to install solar panels at your house, and will even give you a tax break to do it. But your neighbors? Maybe not. It's a lesson Angel and David Dobs discovered when their...
50
50

dnschanger trojan
1st off-- have you read about this one? And secondly-- go down to the section on how to save your connection-- "The DNSChanger Eye Chart" click on the link-- and if the background is green, you're ok....
5
5

LEDs
Through someones links, I finally ordered a led strip light, warm white. Dimmers, supply, from eBay, hit lights. 16 foot long, says 30 watts ? The prices were good. You can cut the strip light in...
1
1

OT: billed for $0.00
Unbelievable story On Thursday, 24th January 2002 , Derek Guille broadcast this story on his afternoon program on ABC radio: In March 1999 a man living in Kandos (near Mudgee in NSW, Australia )...
15
15

Any chemists? Need HCl advice
My toilet has a ring around it no cleaner will touch. I am seriously thinking about pouring 33% muriatic acid in it. I plan to raise the water level in the bowl above the ring (glass filled w/H2O),...
42
42

Storing wind in fart pipes
This is a system of storing wind generated electricity when the demand for electricity is low (i.e., electricity generated by wind in the night). The "surplus" electricity is used to produce hydrogen...
2
2