Subject Author Posted Replies

Sheetrock Walls on Metal Studs
My daughter and son-in-law just moved into an apartment. When trying to hang curtains, she discovered that she could not put screws into the wall. It turns out that there are metal studs behind the...
12
12

Centeral Air working intermittently - any ideas?
Hello, I?m having a problem with the air conditioning and unfortunately things a re heating up and we have new baby. This is for a house in the north east. The thermostat is a Honeywell FocusPro...
13
13

Re-Charging Batteries
Yesterday I bought a Black and Decker cordless string trimmer. It came wit h two rechargeable batteries and the directions say that the first time, ma y take 9 hours for it to charge. We got home from...
6
6

Solar Power is Obsolete
Just when everyone has been gearing up for solar power, solar power is obsolete. The reason is that the sun will burn out in a few years, and without the sun, solar power is worthless. We need a new...
12
12

Box with exhausted pipe and electrical wires in the basment!
Hi all First thank you all for all your help and support for my previous questions. People in this group are amazing, thanks once again. I have a dryer in the basement which I have not used till now....
12
12

OT: Jerry Can Pouring Technique?
NATO JerryCans as in OK, to pour, one grabs a center handle with, say, the left hand and elevates the can to there the spout can be stuffed into the receiving tank. But then the can has to be tilted -...

stripped set screw
My tub deck faucet (two handle - cartridge type) is leaking. I can get the cold handle off, but after alternately turning off the water to hot and co ld, it seems like it's the hot one that has the...
25
25

Portable Air Conditioner
Central AC went out and it's not a viable alternative at the moment to replace it. I live in USDA growing zone 9b with high 2 digit/low 3 digit temps and am looking to get a portable AC or one of...
13
13

Any suggestions for opening up this fence for infrequent passage?
I need to fix a few dozen leaks in my solar panels again: In order to do so, I have to climb the fence lots of times: I'm considering just cutting the fence at this point where it's not even a chain...
45
45

Compressor continuity?
Opened up a dehumidifier and seem to have a shorted compressor? There are three connector pins on the top of the compressor and I'm guessing that NONE of them should show any continuity to the case,...
16
16

CTU's Lewis rips Emanuel's 'elite' advisers
In the wake of recent school closings and teacher layoffs, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis took aim Tuesday at the two R?s of her education reform effort ? racism and revenue. Lewis,...

monitor num times it turns on - automatically shut off if too many in 10 minutes.
This is the situation, we live in the Caribbean renting a house. The non-po table water for the house is a cistern, w/water supplied by the local gover nment. The house has a pump that pushes water up...
28
28

Pre-Sale Home Inspection
I may be selling my home in the next year or so. I am therefore thinking of getting a home inspection report to see what needs to be fixed before putting the house on the market. Any pro cons to...
21
21

Bad voltage spikes
Where we live we have regular electrical outages due to a number of problems. Last night, however, we had a new experience. It must have been something like a voltage surge. it blew out a drive of...
45
45

OT caller-id
OT This afternoon I called someone I don't know. His phone message suggested my leaving a message, or my emailing him (and he gave his email address). The message I left said I would call him back in...
37
37