Subject Author Posted Replies

Fifteen years, and two hours
About fifteen years ago, I put an AC in my living room window. Some Great Stuff foam around it, and it was fine for a while. Started to tilt a bit much, so I put some wood brace under it. From the AC...
36
36

Bizarre Electrical
OK, I've had a continuing hassle develop w/ the ground in the old barn over the last year or so. Finally, about two months ago I replaced the ground rod w/ new and all seemed well. As of about a week...
36
36

OT flying below the radar
OT Do you think it's possible for a business in the US that does business, selling equipment costing 100's of thousands of dollars, with US towns or counties, and with foreign governments, to have an...
8
8

fastening for durock
I've decided to go with durock for my tile shower. What kind of a pattern would you use for fastening? I might think every 6 inches on the ceiling and every 8 inches on the walls. What say you?
6
6

"Industry-standard" measurements and advertising
I have a 16-ft. "every-which-way" ladder that I've had for maybe 20 years, so when I saw what was described as a "22'" multifunction ladder (Keller KMT-22) advertised at a considerable discount, I...
27
27

How to get expanding foam off tile??
Parallel to the "How to get expanding foam off my hands" thread, how about tile? I used some Great Stuff a few years ago to fill the void between the bottom of a baseboard and the tile in a bathroom....
8
8

FYI - Toilet Flange Too High For Waxless Seal
I had to change the wax seal on a toilet this weekend. I decided to try one of those Sani-Flush waxless seals. When I put it in place I found that the toilet was up way higher than I thought it should...
2
2

How to get expanding foam off my hands.??
I got some on my hands yesterday after installing my new larger dog door..are there any solventsor must it wear off my skin
17
17

durock or green rock for shower
Hello NG, I'm tiling a very small quarter bath (shower) in the wet part of Oregon. In other places, I've thought that the expense of Durock wasn't worth it, but I'm leaning toward recommending it for...
27
27

Great Tool Commercial
A WINNAH! Jeff
3
3

What happens if tarp left wet?
What happens if you fold up a polypropylene tarp when it's still slightly wet? And then you store it for a couple years? If there is any dead or dying leaf or any algae, does that turn into alcohol?...
3
3

OT: Logitech Harmony One
Anyone have any first-hand experience with this? I've just rescued one with a bulging battery (no doubt, a charging issue!) and, while it "looks pretty", my past experiences with "smart remotes"...
24
24

How do you tell if a level is accurate?
How do you tell if a level is accurate? I have one that shows one thing, and if I reverse it's position (flip it over), it's different. I quit using that one, and bought a new one. But how do I know...
24
24

Semi-OT: Email Program
Folks, these are the two best groups on usenet for real practical help, so pls pardon the semi-OT post. Let me start out by saying I have been happy with Windows and Outlook Express for 20 years until...
80
80

OT auto repair OT
Hey at least it ain't politics ! Our '99 Toyota 4Runner has a heater problem that's driving me (more) nuts . The heater apparently isn't getting enough coolant flow , and isn't putting out enough heat...
49
49