5 gallon gas can vent

Yep. I've got "Heavy Trash Day" marked on my calendar.

The evening before I prowl the neighborhood foraging. I've collected some neat stuff, most recently a large, solid wood, butcher-block dining table whose pedestal had come loose (cheesy fasteners plus rambunctious kids is my guess). A few of the right kind of screws, and I'm good to go.

My son found an unused Corvette moon roof ! Sold the thing on Ebay for over $200.

I've got competition, though. Some folks come through looking for discarded refrigerators, water heaters, and the like. I assume they disassemble them for the scrap metal value. The trash people are not supposed to pick up a fridge unless it has a certificate of proper freon disposal attached. The gypsy gleaners don't seem to mind this missing detail.

Fortunately, I live on a busy street and when I put something out - whoosh! I lugged a console TV to the curb with a hand-written sign "Works!" It was gone before I could return with the remote control.

The shortest interval, though, took place when I put out a ghastly (large) oil painting of a Mexican castanet player. There was much tire-screeching, shouts in a foreign language, and fist waving. Gone in twenty seconds.

Anyway, I figure reuse is better than recycle and either is better than landfill.

Reply to
HeyBub

Don't you find it in a goat? Well, not ALL goats of course. There's males which don't have it at all and baby goats, half of which don't have it yet. Then, too, there are goats that are too old and goats that are dead. Some goats live in trees. And some goats are really sheep.

Best to get your goat milk from a carton at the market.

Reply to
HeyBub

If anyone ever tries to sell you male goat milk, walk away.

Reply to
Jules

HeyBub wrote: (snip)

This post alone earns you a lot of forgiveness for some of the other posts you have made here over the years. BTDT, from both ends of the deal.

-- aem, an on-and-off gleaner of the 3rd generation, sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

The can was stolen, you are a thief, the back ops helicopters are on their way.

the battle of the bulge paperwork could never be finalized because of that one missing can.

Reply to
hallerb

Well, the castanet player WAS painted on an asbestos board...

Reply to
HeyBub

The what? Oh I never read them! ;-)

Reply to