Subject Author Posted Replies

Snake Bite Fittings
This was discussed here several years ago but I wondered if anyone has more recent experience with Snake Bite plumbing fittings. I have to do some plu mbing in the basement on a copper pipe line. I've...
9
9

Installing 5" cans
We are remodeling and have chosen to install some 5" cans in the ceiling. Went to Menards and found a couple of selections by Patriot and Sylvania. Question: What type is best to install for...
6
6

New carpet preparation
How do you measure for new carpet? To the nearest rounded foot, to the next higher foot, to the next inch, convert inches in measurement to decimal foot, ??? What about tack strips - all places where...
13
13

Keyless chuck slippage
Try hex shank drill bits.
14
14

Gas Fireplace Issue
Hi -- wondering if anyone can help me with my gas fireplace issue. I had t he pilot lit all summer. When I tried to turn the fire on (using remote) f or the first time during the fall, the fire likes...
3
3

First out/off voltage monitor
I've tried searching for a shut down indicator. It would need to monitor about six or seven 110 vac circuits. After an irrigation system shuts down the monitor would indicate which circuit died first....

Hydraulic Toilet Hoist
Someone I know works at a Nursing Home. She was explaining that they have a very overweight resident who has trouble getting on and off the toilet, so they have to use the Hydraulic Toilet Hoist to...
8
8

Wrought Iron
I moved into a previously owned house that has many decorative wrought iron items, including a swinging entry gate. As expected, many have rust. Given the numerous "nooks and crannies", how does one...
2
2

Samsung sued for exploding washing machines
Taxed and Spent posted for all of us... What? Washing machines?
2
2

Disposing of used cooking oil
How do you solve the problem?
7
7

House cleaning / Webs on the walls
to find out, you need a 'web' cam
4
4

Putting on larger auto tires / Speedometer readings
circumference = pi * diameter
18
18

Shutting off solar lights
When I put away the solar sidewalk lights in Winter, they stop being charged, the batteries drain, and are often bad in Spring from being discharged so long. The original lights often had a switch to...
11
11

Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?
A friend of mine asked me today why the electrical outlets in my house were "upside down". They are positioned with the ground pin hole at the top and the two slots of the outlet on the bottom. I...
111
111

Common nails are thicker than the same size Coated Nails (Sinkers)
If I buy a box of 16d common nails, they are thicker than a box of 16d coated nails, (AKA "sinkers"). Shouldn't they be the same thickness, since they are the same nail size? This is true for all nail...
4
4