3-way switched outlet?

I am trying to add a shop light in my garage. I would like it to be operated by a switch at the garage door (the front) and a switch at the side door (the back). It is a plug in shop light so I would like the switches to control an outlet. Is this possible and if so can someone tell me how? The power comes in by the front switch. Thanks for any help...

Reply to
Tim

Buy one (well 2) at the store and look at the instructions. It's pretty simple, and it would work.

Reply to
Charles

Wiring a switch as you want to is just like wiring a light fixture. Do what Charles said.

Reply to
HeatMan

This is not the ordinary switch with two terminals, look for one that is labeled 3-way and it will have 3 terminals on it..

Then follow the instructions...

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Seach Google or your favorite search engine

Then ask if you have questions

Reply to
Lurker1023