2x4 Wood ?

Hello:

What type of wood is commonly used for 2x4's in the NorthEast ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

Spruce, fir, doug-fir, hemlock; kiln-dried, air-dried, milled green. Mainly.

Note that much lumber sold in NE (US) makes its way aboard ship from Vancouver and thereabouts via the Panama Canal. Much also rides the rails, some distance.

barry

Hi, What else can you do to remove musty odor from the basement other than using a dehumidifier? Does waterproffing the basement wall help to improve? My basement is dry, no molds or anything but it smells humid.. Thanks

Reply to
Java

Make sure you have good surface prep.

Works east-coast, west-cost, Republican or Democrat.

Reply to
Pat

it probably is himid.

Seal the floor if that hasn't been done already then seal the walls. Then tighten up you home envelope -- air seal all the band joists etc. Then consider putting in a dehimidifier -- you'll need to keep it below 70% to prevent mold growth -- in my case I keep it below 50% which also inhibits dust-mite growth/reproduction.

see these web sites for further info:

Jay Stootzmann

Reply to
Java