Subject Author Posted Replies

Why are torx screws so expensive?
Pack of PZ2 screws, £10. Pack of identical screws, but with a torx head, £50. WTF?
34
34

Double glazing beading on the outside?!?
Why do some glaziers fit the beading on the outside of windows? Surely, common sense tells us to put the part you can easily remove on the inside, for security.
25
25

slow drying ink source?
Not really a home repair issue, but since a lot of other projects can overlap and there are a lot of responsive folks in this group.... I am currently trying to test a weather instrument called a...
28
28

Scafflin
 Cain't afford to buy none , shurinhell ain't studyin' on hangin' 600 sq ft of wood plank ceiling offa ladders so ... 2x4's , 2x8's and 1x4's will soon become the frames . braces , and walk boards...
2
2

Physics Teacher MELTS Back of Car With Solar Oven
Here's Why You Shouldn't Leave a Giant Parabolic Mirror in Your Car on a Sunny Day Gizmodo - July 25, 2018 -- ======================================= San Francisco School Teacher MELTS The Rear Of His...
1
1

What does this picture of a roof show?
This is interesting. Do you remember several years ago, we were discussing ridge vents here? You claimed that the cutout for your ridge vent was like a foot wide? And I said that can't be, that they...
25
25

OT early drone technology :-)
Old 27 minute doc on Bell ... not the telephone ! John T. Bell Helicopter video on the Birth of the Helicopter including early scenes of the model 30 & 47 with Arthur Youg, Bart Kelly, and Test Pilot...

Ground prong up would not stop this
Fire officials are warning about a potentially dangerous viral video challenge circulating on social media. It’s making the rounds on the video app "TikTok. "Authorities said it could cause a...
3
3

OT MoleVille!
Yes, some swear by those baits while others say that trapping is the best approach. Eliminating most of the grubs from your turfgrass seems to help, as they're a favorite food source for moles....
8
8

OT Misdelivered mail
Yeah, they are so innocent looking. My mail is in a cluster box with a couple of big lockers for the larger parcels. The carrier leave the key if you've got something in the big box. I was lazy one...
68
68

Remove carriage bolts from concrete
The head is actually what’s exposed. Is there a good way to extract it?
10
10

Cleaning a gas oven
My gas oven needs to be cleaned but since I've never had one before, I'm concerned about the flame. It does have an electric start.
14
14

Boing boing boing into the ground.
I wonder if the poor bastards are using Ada?
34
34

repair small black and decker bench drill press
I don't use it much, every once in a while it's handy. It use to be erratic about starting and now it mostly won't. Symptoms: it runs only at the medium speed, and starts only after tapping on the...

Repairing curbside plastic garbage cans
That's right. Polyethylene cracking means it is degraded and needs to be replaced.
34
34