Scafflin

 Cain't afford to buy none , shurinhell ain't studyin' on hangin' 600 sq ft of wood plank ceiling offa ladders so ... 2x4's , 2x8's and 1x4's will soon become the frames . braces , and walk boards for this project . The ends are 6' tall and 3' wide with the top crosspiece at 4'6" , which will be just right for my height and the ceiling height . I may wish I'd made them 4' wide by the time i get to the top , if they feel unstable I'll screw a longer piece of 2x4 across the legs to widen the base . So much for layin' around all winter gettin' fat !
Reply to
Terry Coombs

You can rent that stuff

Reply to
gfretwell

 Not here ... this is a town of just over 4,000 permanent residents a hundred miles from everywhere . Much cheaper to build what I need than rent  - and I'll still have it when the job is done . This house ain't finished yet , I'll need them again .
Reply to
Terry Coombs