220 Volt appliance vs 230 volt

I had a 20,000 BTU a/c unit installed about 15 years ago. It was plugged into a 220 volt outlet. I see today that these larger a/c units are rated for 230 volts.
Does the difference in voltages really matter?
On 4/8/2019 4:01 PM, snipped-for-privacy@who.knows.com wrote:

no
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Thanks. I did see further down the page that it did say 208 volts to 230 volts.
Now I need an answer to my other question as to why if the a/c unit is 25.5" in width do I need a 29" wide window.
On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 16:01:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@who.knows.com wrote:

One more question.
An ad states that an a/c unit is 25.5" in width, yet needs a 29 inch window opening. My window opening is 27". Why won't that 25.5" a/c fit into my 27" window?
What am I not understanding?
On 4/8/2019 5:10 PM, snipped-for-privacy@not.anon.com wrote:

The unit itself may be 25.5 but the added expandable panels would be more. You'd have to come up with a different methof of sealing it in the window. If that is the case, you can make a filler.

Bingo!
That's what I thought it might be.
Thanks!
Talking to those store clerks in Best Buy or Menards is a waste of time. All they know or want to know is sales.
Thanks again,
On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 16:10:27 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@not.anon.com wrote:

The "brackets" that mount the unit in the window require a minimum of 4 inches (2 on each side)

The a/c we now have is mounted on the outside from underneath. It has 'L' shaped brackets bolted to the bottom of the a/c. The bottom of the bracket is bolted to the bottom of the window ledge. It's held for 15 years.
On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 16:01:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@who.knows.com wrote:

Sorry for the "Max" name change. I had a problem with one news reader and switched to the second without changing the nym.
On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 16:01:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@who.knows.com wrote:

Generally not. The voltage spec in North America is 240 volt +/- 5% and is most often closer to 234 (117 on each leg) (114 to 126 is allowed)
snipped-for-privacy@who.knows.com says...

Bottom line , NO, it does not.
Over the years the power company has raised the nominal voltage comming into the homes. At one time it was called 220 (which I often say because my dad did) then 230, now most often 240. The lower voltage equipment can be half any of those , 110,115,120.
The power company will send anywhere from about 235 to 245 volts to a house depending on how much load is on the power grid. I monitor my power comming into a room in the house and it has varied from 226 to 248 in the last year. This is measured with a voltmeter that is accurate to 1/2 % or better and not the inexpensive China meters.
The one time you do need to pay attention is if the equipment is rated at 208 or the power comming in is 208. Both are seldom seen in homes in most of the country.
That 208 voltage is derived from a 3 phase powe system which I am not going to get into as it will confuse the issue. Just a note to stay away from anything labled that unless you know that is the power comming in to your house.