2003 a Spacepak Odyssey

We have an old brick 4 bedroom home in suburban Chicago. We got the steam boiler repaired before Christmas and the guy broke it. $7,000 later we had a new Dunkirk boiler installed. The first floor has air conditioning with floor vents and blower in the charming basement. The second floor is as hot as hades with a flat room. An electrician visited to put in some lights and we discovered we have about 20 inches of clearance between the ceiling and the roof. The same contractor who put in the boiler came out and gave us an estimate of $12,000 for Spacepak on the second floor. Is this a good price? Keep in mind there is a house across the way from us that is identical and they are having trouble selling it due to the lack of central air. Hot in Chicago

Reply to
anonymous

Try Riley heating Just west of River Forest , I beleive Its a Melrose Park address. They are tops in that field and do quality Space Pac. And have been in business a long time, 2nd generation. I had a real tough install and other contractors that bid it didnt know space pac as Riley did and their crews are tops. Tell Riley I said Hi

Reply to
mark Ransley

No one can tell you if its a good price or not. We installed one in a home that the final price with permits, labor, parts and materials was $16,000....and we were LOW bid. Go figure.

Reply to
CBHvac

But you stated a day ago you have a Lennox..LOL...

Tooo funny.

Reply to
CBHvac

Yes a Place in Ind , A place in Illinois , Illinois Has hot water radiator heat a new 230000 btu 82% Weil McLain or there about on btu, and a 91 lennox 12seer and space pac, and Riley put it in. Ind is forced air, and it flooded with sewage so ins is covering it. But you dont understand the earlier post. And flame. Point is with my insulation , and that ive had 2 separate heat calculations from 2 seperate people say I can go a size lower in btu. Well the 96.6 % Carrier is only the 38000 btu model, all sizes larger have the lower rating of 94% So I can save 2.6% more with the lower btu unit If my elec consumption doesnt offset my gas savings , by runing longer. now I have a 47 - 70 btu , but never use the second stage, and never run more than 8 hr at -15f on low fire. That was the basis to the question , that I couldnt get answered . Alt hvac

Reply to
mark Ransley